Basic Police Academy - Intensive:
The Intensive 20 week academy meets from 7 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday in addition to some evenings and weekends. We offer this course three times a year beginning in January, April and July.
The Academy teaches criminal law, laws of search and seizure, laws of evidence, traffic laws, investigative techniques, patrol procedures, firearms, driver training, defensive tactics, first aid, CPR and more.
The Academy is certified by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.). Successful completion of this course will make you eligible for employment as a police officer or deputy sheriff anywhere in California.
Qualifications and Information: The class will be held at our facility at the the Public Safety Training Center in Windsor. All your travel, transportation, and accommodation arrangements should be made with this in mind when you consider enrolling in this Basic Law Enforcement Class.
Students wishing to attend the Academy:
- Must attend orientation. This orientation will explain the selection process and provide an overview of the course.
- Must present photo I.D. at the time of testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license at time of the class.
- Must pass the P.O.S.T. Entry Level Law Enforcement Test battery (PELLET B) with a score of T42 or higher. (Required by most California law enforcement agencies)
- Must be eligible to register as a student at Santa Rosa Junior College without a waiver of College regulations.
- Must pass a California Department of Justice criminal records check (non-refundable cost $46). Non-residents must also pass an FBI criminal records check. (An additional non-refundable cost of $26)
- Must pass a medical examination.
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. certificate.
- Must purchase or possess all Academy uniforms and equipment (approximate cost $2000- *not included in material cost).
- Financial Aid and Veterans benefits available to qualified students.
- For information, call Financial Aid Office (707) 527-4471 and V. A. Office (707) 527-4326
Basic Police Academy important dates: